- If you have an interest in Fuchsias or Pelargoniums we are the specialist society in the Bristol area which covers these genera. We are affiliated to both the British Fuchsia Society and the Pelargonium and Geranium Society.
- We have a number of knowledgeable people within the society who can help with advice and if it is something we don’t know about then we can probably contact someone who will!
- We have monthly talks which are normally held on the last Friday of the month at 7.30pm, often including demonstrations and slides/PowerPoint presentations on the cultivation of Fuchsias and Pelargoniums(geraniums), as well as other horticultural topics, other topics of local and general interest and a chance to get together and chat.
- Many of the speakers who visit us have plants for sale, though this is mainly in the first half of the year. The meetings are held at the St Luke’s Church Hall, Glenarm Walk, Brislington, Bristol, BS4 4LS.
- Please refer to the Diary for the events and note that meetings are not held in December, January or July.
- We hold two competitive shows annually, a Pelargonium show normally on the second Saturday in June which features both a members section which can only be entered by current members of the Bristol Fuchsia and Geranium society, and an Open section with prize money that can be entered by anyone. This is currently held at the Gordano School in Portishead.. Our Fuchsia show is held on the first Saturday in August at the St Luke’s Church Hall, Glenarm Walk, Brislington, Bristol and is only open to entry by current members of the Bristol Fuchsia and Geranium society. Admission to both shows is free for members of the society.
- As a society we also help out with the organisation of a national Fuchsia show in Portishead usually held on the Sunday of the August bank holiday
- We will also put on displays and plants sales where suitable opportunities arise.
- There is a newsletter which is published 4 times per year containing news, useful information and tips. This can either be mailed to you or you can access it vie the members section of this site.
View the BFGS Constitution: